I dropped Helga off at a shopping center and went to the Peoria Sports Complex and took in most of the spring training game between the Seattle Mariners and the Los Angeles Dodgers. I had a good time, starting with a Polish Sausage sandwich and a beer followed by a bag of Kettle Corn. I had a couple of exchanges with a Yankee fan that was ushering below where I was sitting. Several high fives and "Go Sox" with Red Sox Nation folks followed. The Mariners were pounding the Dodgers 8-0 and I decided to head out after six innings. Spring training games, at least this one, aren't too exciting, and darn, I really miss instant replay!
We've been blessed to be able to travel quite a bit since 1978. We bought our first motorhome that year and have been traveling by motorhome whenever we can since then. We've been around the USA many times and still find new places to explore and new people to enjoy. We completed our Last Hurrah Grand Circle tour last year, cutting it short because our house on the Oregon Coast sold and we had to hurry back, pack up and move to Santa Barbara.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Spring Training in Arizona
I dropped Helga off at a shopping center and went to the Peoria Sports Complex and took in most of the spring training game between the Seattle Mariners and the Los Angeles Dodgers. I had a good time, starting with a Polish Sausage sandwich and a beer followed by a bag of Kettle Corn. I had a couple of exchanges with a Yankee fan that was ushering below where I was sitting. Several high fives and "Go Sox" with Red Sox Nation folks followed. The Mariners were pounding the Dodgers 8-0 and I decided to head out after six innings. Spring training games, at least this one, aren't too exciting, and darn, I really miss instant replay!
2 comments:
As you were downing that dog, we were sailing away to the eastern caribbean.
You can be there were LOTS of Yankee fans on board!!
It sure would be sweet to watch the Red Sox beat the Yankees in the new Yankee Stadium in September!
Post a Comment